Thursday, January 22, 2015

Take Pause

Don’t allow love to turn into lust, setting off a downhill slide into sexual promiscuity, filthy practices, or bullying greed. Though some tongues just love the taste of gossip, those who follow Jesus have better uses for language than that. Don’t talk dirty or silly. That kind of talk doesn’t fit our style. Thanksgiving is our dialect. (‭Ephesians‬ ‭5‬:‭3-4‬ MSG)

Today I'm just feel called to pause and keep this simple. The verse today calls us to a standard of holiness; we are called to be God's holy chosen people. Stop today ask God to bring conviction to our heart. Keep a short account of sin so that we are at our most effective and receptive level for use by the Holy Spirit.

Lord,
Today make me aware of my shortcomings. Show me my sin so that I may do wonderful works in your name. Show me where I need to change my attitude and my understanding. It is my desire to be all for you that you dream for me to be.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!