Saturday, January 3, 2015

My words for 2015

I too have chosen words for 2015. 2014 was a difficult year. A year in which giving up at any moment was a very real possibility. However in continuing on in my faith, I have learned to a greater degree that the walk of a Christian is marred by pain, loss, change and frustration due to sin (our own or that inflicted by others).  It is also a road that, if continued, leads to peace, joy, and a first-hand account of God's faithfulness.
Months ago, the word 'diligent' began popping up in my devotional time. I heard it's meaning loud and clear. Diligent means characterized by steady, earnest, energetic effort. The Christian walk of faith requires diligent efforts to remain in the Word, strengthen our prayer life, care for our families and those in need around us, and to keep on keeping on!
I have also chosen the word 'intentional' as my 2015 word. Intentional means done in a way that is planned.  In order to remain diligent, I'm seeing that I have to have a plan and a constant focus. In order to diligently study the word, I have to have an intentional time carved out in my schedule. I will need to keep a daily and weekly list of tasks so that I can make the most of my time. In my planning, I will also leave room for the things God wants me to do on the spur of the moment. By remaining diligent in my study of the Word, I can intentionally live out the life God has called me to live!

The plans of the diligent lead to profit
    as surely as haste leads to poverty. 
Proverbs 21:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!