Tuesday, January 20, 2015

bear One Another's Burdens

Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. (‭Galatians‬ ‭6‬:‭2‬ NIV

In the last week I've been privileged to be invited to share in the burdens of several other people. I hqve been invited to pray for deliverance from addiction, deeper faith of a young Christian, a marriage on the brink of divorce, a broken heart over the death of a mom and another's loss of a grandpa, the loss of a child deeply loved, a family in turmoil, and the salvation of a lost soul. All of these things are heavy burdens on the ones who shared their hearts with me. I love that others feel safe to share with me, but I also understand the responsibility that God is trusting me with in their sharing. I am responsible now to pray for and with these people, to hug and hold them when they cry, to ease their pain by helping worth meals or work that needs to be done. And in some cases I'm called to just sit with them. 
The law of Christ is love! ❤️ And in sharing the burdens of others we show our love for both Christ and one another. It's easy to be available for the fun and the adventures, but love is joyfully inconvenienced. In sharing another's burden not only do we bless them, but God blesses us! 

Dear Lord, 
Open the eyes of my heart to see others' hurts. Give me a compassionate heart to see their burdens and give me creativity and strength to bear their burdens with them. 
Amen and amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!