Friday, May 20, 2016

In Affliction

It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn from your decrees 
Psalm 119:71

We all go through seasons of life: health and sickness, prosperity and want, gain and loss, hurt and healing. There are seasons when all goes well and seasons when all seems wrong. Seasons of summer and seasons of winter. 
As I look on my life it was in the darkest times that the Light was the brightest. In my hurt and rejection the Lord's love was the most welcome embrace. In my disappointments his grace was the most abundant. In my sins his mercy triumphed over all. And in my brokenness his love was found in abundance. When I did not have the strength to go on one more moment, his mighty power carried me, and I learned of the strength of My God! 
What season are you in? Are you facing the bleakness of a winter? Ask God to help you see the blessings that can only be learned in the darkness of this season. Is he teaching you to slow down and make him your true love? Is he asking you to draw nearer? Is this your time to meet him with greater intimacy? Dear Friend, your season is not without purpose! It is a time to learn his decrees and of his love. 
Heavenly Father, 
Suffering is hard, but it is by your design. Help me to grow in the dark seasons as well as in the light. Grow my roots of faith and hope deep so that I can weather any season well. Teach me your decrees and enable me to abide in any season of life. In Jesus' precious name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!