Tuesday, May 24, 2016

"Grandma, Can You Stop the Wind?"




My precious grandson, Brody, is three. He has the most amazing little eyes, dark brown and deep with eyelashes that grab your attention. He is the most polite little boy, offering please and thank you so easily. And, he is a great little tool for the Lord to use to get my attention.

Brody and I were working outside the other day when I accidentally sprayed his Little Tikes Truck with the watering hose. He was upset because this truck is his baby! So I quickly turned this little mishap into into a carwash. We got out the soap, the rags and a towel. Brody worked hard scrubbing his truck like his Uncle Nick does with his big old Ford. As he finished working, he tried to spread the towel out on the grass only to be frustrated by the opposing wind. With sheer innocence and confidence in my ability to meet his every need, he looked at me with those amazing little eyes and said, "Grandma, can you stop the wind?"

I smiled and held back a little chuckle as I responded to his plea with, "No, Brode, I can't stop the wind." His quick response, "Why not?" The only answer that fit was, "Because only God can stop the wind. He can do anything!" Undaunted, he kept working to spread that little towel on the ground. Oh, the faith of a child....

And he said, "Truly I tell you, unless you become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

And then I felt the prompting thought that we need to approach our God with the same confidence and innocence of belief and trust that my little Brody approached me with that day. Asking God to heal, change, and rescue. Asking God to overcome the obstacles placed before us. Because, with God, nothing is impossible!


 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!