Monday, May 9, 2016

How Quickly They Forgot

Yet how quickly they forgot what he had done!  
They wouldn't wait for his counsel!
Psalm 106:13 NLT

This scripture speaks of the Israelites who wondered the desert for 40 years due to their inability to wait on God and trust that He was in control of their complicated circumstances.  They saw so many miracles and amazing things from God, but too often and too soon they forgot those good things and began complaining about their situation.  I'm guilty of this too!  We all are.  Every time we complain about something in our life we are forgetting the blessings that God has given us.  We forget about the times that God has saved us from trouble or made things right and we immediatately start to grumble about our current predicament.  

The Lord said to Moses, Give the following instructions to the people of Israel:  Throughout the generations to come you must make tassels for the hems of your clothing and attach them with a blue cord.  When you see the tassels, you will remember and obey all the commands of the Lord instead of following your own desires and defiling yourselves, as you are prone to do.  The tassels will help you remember that you must obey all my commands and be holy to your God.
Numbers 15:37-40

Maybe it's time to bring out the tassels, or something else, to wear as a remembrance of all the good things God has done, and to remind us to wait on Him and obey Him in all we do.  Maybe a piece of jewelry, a special scripture, or even a tattoo?  I don't know what is right or wrong but I do know that we can't keep forgetting and complaining.  We must help each other to train our minds to begin praising instead!  God is good all the time!  Unfortunately, as christians, we are saying He isn't when we complain to others.......

Dear God, I am sorry for my complaining!  Please forgive me and help me to think positively knowing that You can work all things, big or small, into something good for my life.  I never want to forget the good that You have done for me, nor do I want to forget Your commands.  I desire to wait on You and trust in You to help me in all my circumstances.  Help me to find just the right "tassel" to remind me to always trust in You and don't ever let me take it off!   amen and amen          

1 comment:

  1. Thank you ladies SO MUCH for your continued sharing! You are true blessings!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you!