Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A Prayer For Contentment

I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything.  I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.  For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.
Philippeans 4:12-13 NLT

Dear God,
Teach me to be content with my circumstances.  To be patient with your timing and know that right were I am is good enough.  When things aren't as I would like, show me the reasons you have me where I am.  Like Paul, I want to be content with little, knowing how to live on a little or a lot.  Although I don't have to like every situation I am in I want to be able to boast in my weakness and my God who will get me out of my circumstance.  I want your power to shine through my situations and teach others the power of your hand.  I want to know the strength that my faith in you produces and I want to share that with others!  God, your promise of restoration keeps me going.  I shout from the mountain tops that you are my strength and my portion!  You are my God who holds me up when I am weak and hears my cries for help!  Thank you for your promise to  make all things possible for me.  Thank you for the life I have and the trials that draw me closer to you and make me stronger in my faith.  I can be content where I am!  I can stay close to you and grow in all circumstances to know that you are faithful.  I do know the secret of living in every situation!  It is you, Lord.  You are my answer!  In Jesus' Name..............Amen  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!