Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Cord of Three

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:12

I'm looking forward to the weekend. My heart is already bubbling over with excitement because I get to spend the weekend with some of my GFF's. We are headed to Louisville for a Women of Joy conference. Three days of praising and worshiping with the women who encourage me and hold me accountable to truth! I can't wait for the moments of praising our God together with hands held high. The laughter as we find humor in our own failures and shortcomings and the power we experience as we find healing at our individual points of need.Yes, it will be a glorious weekend.  

These women are my friends by divine appointment. God brought them into my life, and his love has bound us together. Their friendships are deeply rooted in the Lord. We can rebuke one another, laugh with one another and be apart from one another and the yoke of God's love is still powerful and binding. These are the friends who know the truth of my 'glorious mess' of a life and love me all the more. Why? Because we are bound in a real love, the love of Jesus Christ.

They are why this ministry of God First Friends is so very important to my heart. God brought me these women at a time when I needed Him desperately. They were his hands and feet as I struggled through hurt and fear. They were his voice speaking truth and life into my wounded heart. Yes, God First Friends are a rare and treasured gift! And I want every woman in the world to have GFF's in their life!

If you do not have GFFs in your life, begin praying for them now. God is faithful to hear our cries, and he knows the perfect GFFs for you. Just ask!

Dear Lord,
I thank you for my GFFs, old and new. I thank you for using them to change my hurt into joy and my fear into mighty faith. Father you are a good father, and I delight today in your good gifts of divine friendships. I love you, Lord.
In your son's holy and precious name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!