Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Wait

Those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Waiting is so hard, especially when during the wait we are working overtime trying to figure out what God is up to, how he will get us out of a mess, or when it will all be over.  One thing I have recently experienced, in the wait, is that I don't have to have all the answers, I can flat out not like God's plan and I can start out feeling very weak.  But the longer I wait and draw near to God the more strength I find.  The more patience I have and the more confident I feel in God's presence in my circumstance.  God is 100% faithful and when I am waiting, wondering what on earth God is doing, I can begin to renew my strength and confidence in Who has my problem in His hands.  I can trust in His works and the promise of His Word.  I shall run!  I shall not be weary!  I shall walk and not faint!  Because My God is my everything!

Dear God, if I listen to the world and let it dictate my feelings then I would give up this wait right now, but because You are my strength and portion, I will wait on You and trust in Your saving grace.  I have no idea what you are up to and I can't see where you are leading me past this moment.  Stay with me and renew my strength in You as I wait.  Give me legs to stand on and run on.  Give me confidence to be brave, and energy to wait on Your perfect timing.  In Jesus' Name I love you!  Amen          

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!