Monday, April 11, 2016

The Glory Of God Illuminates

And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the lamb is its light.
Revelations 21:23 NLT

Early in my faith walk I read this scripture and was amazed at the thought of not needing any light in heaven.  God shines so brightly in all His glory that He and Jesus will be our source of light! I loved the thought of it and shared it with many people for a while, even my kids, because it just excited me so much.  As we have been experiencing a different kind of spring this year, I've noticed all the complaints of this cold weather and I have found myself down because of the lack of sunshine present throughout my days.  I daily remind myself that the sun is still shining above the clouds, another thing I found out flying one day that I never thought of before.  Where I thought the sun went, as if it could disappear, is beyond me, I guess I just had never thought deeply about it before sitting in a plane after taking off on a cloudy day and soon finding myself in the sun.  It just spoke to me in that moment!

......... getting back to God's Word, He is our source of light!  He is our joy!  He has power over the sun and clouds.  We should not complain on cloudy, rainy, cold days but instead let Jesus be our source of light in the dark.  Even on the cloudiest day if we have enough Jesus in our hearts we can light up a room.  If God is our number one and we live to satisfy Him then we can shine a light so bright that the people around us just might forget about the crappy weather forecast.  So next time you want to complain about the darkness think of God and Jesus in heaven shining brightly for all the saints to see.  His radiant light is so bright there is no need for light!  If He can light up a completely dark heaven then we can surely brighten up our cloudy day with the hope that comes from Him living in us and guiding us and loving us unconditionally.  Yes the rain is once again pelting the rooftop and the sun is nowhere to be seen from my window but in my heart the Son is shining!  In my heart God is showing me a new perspective!  And so I share it with you.  Find your source of light in Your savior, Jesus Christ today.  Look for God in the dark spaces and let Him light your room and your heart.  Amen and amen!         

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!