Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Grand Slam

"RETURN HOME AND TELL HOW MUCH GOD HAS DONE FOR YOU." SO THE MAN WENT AWAY AND TOLD ALL OVER TOWN HOW MUCH JESUS HAD DONE FOR HIM.
LUKE 8:39



Last night my daughter hit a grand slam at her softball game! It was wonderful to watch her run the bases with that sweet smile and heartfelt joy. It was especially wonderful to watch her come home. Her teammates ran to meet her at the plate- high fives, pats on the helmet, hugs, and cheers of delight came from all the girls. The fans were also caught up in the moment with applause and cheers of encouragement. Yes, watching my daughter come home was great!

However, as I thought on this over the evening and into the morning I was led to the thought of my own homecoming, when Jesus and all the saints will welcome me with cheers, hugs, and high fives! Oh what a celebration it will be! 

But as I smiled on that thought I was also reminded that here, right now on this earth, Jesus has told me to 'return home' to go and talk to others about what he has done for us. Am I celebrating my earthly home coming, when my Savior revealed himself to me? Am I high-fiving others with the joy of the life Christ died for me to live? Am I hitting that amazing grand slam when all my family and friends will be heading home with me?

Lord,
You have called us home not only to heaven, but to reveal heaven on earth. Help us to live with the passion and purpose of a power hitter; To live as one committed to your name and encouraging others to make it home too! Thank you Lord for revealing yourself in all things, even a high school grand slam! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!