Friday, April 29, 2016

Help To Carry The Load

"I can't carry all these people by myself!  The load is far too heavy!"
Numbers 11:14

Moses was tired.  He was responsible for so many people.  Hungry people who had been complaining and disobeying God's instructions since the moment they left Egypt.  He had hit his limit and he was crying out to God for help.  He even went so far to get angry with God and asked for Him to end his life, he wanted out of the misery he was in.  You and I have both been in his shoes.  We have experienced a misery, a place like Moses that we felt helpless and tired and just wanted God to take it all away. 

Then the Lord said to Moses, "Gather before me seventy men who are recognized as elders and leaders of Israel.  Bring them to the Tabernacle to stand there with you.  I will come down and talk to you there.  I will take some of the Spirit that is upon you, and I will put the Spirit on them also.  They will bear the burden of the people along with you, so you will not have to carry it alone."
Numbers 11:16-17

I love God's gentle answer to him.  He didn't take all of Moses' problems away but He sent him people to help carry the heavy load.  I, too, can look back on my life and the moments when I have felt desperate and tired, to see how God gave me someone or a group of people to carry my load.  God loves us and He has a way for us to endure all things.  It may not be taking away our pain completely but He uses people and other things to help us cope and manage through the really hard times.  God makes it possible for us to endure and carry the burden's of life.  Thank God today for helping you in these times.  Thank Him for the special people He has sent at just the right time and for the moments that you have felt His presence and help in your situations.  He is always right there listenting to your cries for help and your feelings of defeat.  He is in the business of helping His people from the beginning of time, in Moses' day, and in your current circumstance.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!