Saturday, January 2, 2016

Sing Along Saturday

My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me."
And my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
Psalm 28:8 NLT

The song chosen for today is one that I want to carry with me through all of 2016 and beyond.  It speaks my heart even when my actions don't follow.  As I currently struggle through a stretch of faith, God is showing me to trust Him.  He is telling me to spend time with Him and through our conversations, our good cries and our happy moments He will provide all I need.  With more of His presence in my life I will see His faithfulness, find His joy, and He will reveal His answers.  I want to first seek Him before needing Him.  I want to get to know Him like I get to know a new friend.  I want to make time for Him like I make time for the people I love.  First, above needing God, I want to want God.  Wanting something is choosing something.  Needing something doesn't give us much choice, it's more like desperation.  And although, as long as satan is in this world, I will have moments of desperation and need, I want to know the God I am so desperate for.  I want to already know Who I am seeking out to trust in.  I choose to know that He is right there with me.

Listen to the beautiful words of this song and choose today to seek God first in your life.  Let this year be different.  Be intentional with your time and give God your best.  I love you all for your desire to know God intimately.  I wish you all the best this new year and pray for you to grow in your knowledge and understanding of just how much you are loved by God, and to understand the power you possess by choosing Him first.






The Lord looks down from heaven on the entire human race;
he looks to see if anyone is truly wise,
if anyone seeks God.
Psalm 14:2 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!