Monday, January 25, 2016

Proud Mommy Moment

 I woke up this morning with praise music on my heart.  I read my bible verse of the day, and then checked into instagram.  To my surprise I found that my daughter and some of her friends started up an account called godsgals_  and the first post was written by my daughter.  It filled my heart to overflowing to see the words she had written and I couldn't wait to tell her so.  At an age where she is
struggling with all the changes that a middle school girl deals with, hormones, friends, and grades she has recently added anxiety attacks to her list.  She has had good days and really bad days but she has never given up.  She has never stayed home to avoid the anxiety and she has never run away from it.  I see how this has drawn her closer to Christ through her frustrations and fears and my encouragement to read scripture and listen to praise music.  She is letting her problem take her to Christ and I can't be more proud of the young woman she is becoming.  She has a great group of friends and they love the Lord.......ready to share that with the world of instagram:)  I know there are a lot of things I have taught my children that aren't good.  I don't always lead by the best example but it has always been my intention.  I don't know if she started this because of the things I talk about at home or the meetings she sees me in with my GFF's but I have to believe that if our kids can learn from our bad habits they can learn from our good, as well.  I am not shy about the things God is teaching me through bible study.  I will take moments to teach my children through scripture and I am open about my wonderful visits with my God First Friends.  My daughter knows me and she knows God's place in my heart and she is learning to navigate a life based on what she sees as she grows up.  Will it always be this special and great?  NO, unfortunately we will both mess up, but today I am celebrating!  Today I am covering these young girls in prayer because I know how satan is ready to attack a God thing.  I will praise God for giving me opportunites to teach my children and ask Him to lead me moment by moment because I am far from perfect.  I thank God that my daughter's friends are living in families where God is first and that as young teenagers they have boldness to share that with others.  I am boasting in the Lord because He has made an impression on my daughter!  He is working on her, in her and through her and that's so exciting!  I give God the glory for loving me so perfectly, assuring me, once again, that He is in control.  I am blessed indeed!..............and so we pray.

* if you are on instagram check out their account: godsgals_
share it with teenagers you know, follow it yourself and pray for what this could become!  God is working in young lives and that is way exciting!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!