Friday, January 15, 2016

Be a Tugboat for the Lord!





I'm a very visual learner in all areas of my life. I have to see it to understand it more completely. And God has been faithful to give me mental images that help impress ideas upon my heart. Last evening I was praying that God would make me stronger so that he could use me as a tool to lead others to him. As I prayed I had an image come to mind very similar to the one above, a small tugboat pulling a very large barge.

Throughout the next few hours I thought about this image and realized that size is not a measure of strength. In comparison to barges, tugboats are often much, much smaller than the load they carry. They can pull or push objects that can't move themselves. They even can be used to break ice clearing pathways for safe travel of other vessels. Tugboats can be equipped with firefighting capabilities and used to assist in firefighting. Tugboats are mighty in power.

GFF's we don't have to be stellar scholars, memorize every scripture, sing with an angelic voice, or wow others with our knowledge to be used by God. What God wants is for us to simply be a tugboat. He wants us to help move along those who can't move on their own and to clear a pathway for others to find Him amid the frozen cold-hearted places on this earth. He wants us to equip ourselves with His power through prayer so that we can fight the fires of our flesh and the enemy around us. We are all called to be tugboats for the Lord!

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the son and the Holy Spirit,
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!