Friday, January 29, 2016

God Arranges For Both Kinds Of Days

On a good day, enjoy yourself;
On a bad day, examine your conscience.
God arranges for both kinds of days 
so that we won't take anything for granted.
Ecclesiastes 7:14 MSG

God knows exactly what we need for each moment.  He knows that if everything in life were perfect and good all the time we would most likely take for granted the life we had.  We might forget where our good comes from and start to live life on our own.  He absolutely wants us to enjoy good days and blessings beyond measure but He knows the importance that a bad day can play in our life, as well.  When things are going well we sometimes start to drift away from needing Him so desperately.  We start off praising Him and spending time with Him in awe of the good things He is doing in our life.  We are amazed at how each and every day he speaks to us through His Word and is able to keep our fire glowing for Him.  But soon, as things continue to be good we can start to spend less time with Him or rely on ourselves to get us through the day, drifting slightly from Him.  In this moment God can strategically place something in our life to slow us down and force us to examine ourselves and our priorities.  

I am currently in a time of ups and downs and those feelings of blah.  There are some really great things happening in my life but at the same time He is careful to keep me grounded.  Instead of getting discouraged over this, which, believe me I've been there, I am trying to look above what's bothering me and trying to examine my motives and my feelings so to allow God to redirect me if needed and show me the things He has for me to learn while I am down.  What ever His reason for this season in my life I can trust that it is all for my good and it will only bring great things as long as I wait on Him and stay focused on the things that I know to be Truth.  I will work hard in the future so as to not take things for granted and use this time to grow in my knowledge of God and my faith that He is all knowing and in charge of my life.  

I hope this finds you on a good day and so I encourage you to enjoy the blessings He has given you but to not take for granted the good He provides because at any moment it can change.  Take that change as His strong love for you and His desire to pull you nearer to Him.  Do not give up in doing good, especially when things don't go the way you would like them to.  God has not forgotten about you, He is actually working on you because He has great plans in store for you......and so we pray.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!