Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Victory

I watched 2 minutes of the presidential debate last night and I had to change the channel.  The voices were making me anxious and the arguing was making me angry.  The commercials I am seeing make me sad and I just can't find joy in the thought of voting for the next president.  Having the power to make my vote count and play a part in helping or hurting the country that I love is burdensome.  I don't like what I see happening in cities and towns across the nation.  As people fight for justice at all cost, and take matters into their own hands, my heart grows sad.  A feeling of hopelessness can easily sweep in and casue one to doubt during these times of uncertainty but we can be encouraged by John's words to believers:

For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God. 
1 John 5:4-5

Our faith in Jesus Christ is our foundation.  Not the constitution or the next president.  No matter what happens in November and no matter what evil continues in this world we will always be victorious through Christ!  We must not be scared.  I must not let the debates discourage me or make me anxious but turn to my Jesus who will bring victory in the end.  His perfect love can cast away my fears as I trust in Him and wait for His return.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!