Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Keep Loving Until They Understand

Anyone who continues to live in him will not sin.  
But anyone who keeps on sinning does not know him or understand who he is.
1 John 3:6

All the more reason to love those who hurt us!  All the more reason to offer grace to those who are living life encouraged by sin and destruction!  People who don't love others, and who continue sinning, do so because they do not understand who Jesus is!  Then why are we judging those who are sinning instead of offering them forgiveness and mercy?  When someone sins against us, our response should be forgiveness and love.  When someone makes a choice that goes against God's law, our response should be truth spoken in love.  We don't have to adopt their actions as our own and we certainly don't have to agree with what they do, but we must love.  As christians we base our life on Jesus Christ dying on the cross for us.  Our sins were washed away by His blood and through that promise we are able to offer that same love to those who haven't yet accepted it.  Has it been offered to them, absolutely, but for some reason the timing wasn't right and or they didn't understand it.  This makes our actions most important.  How will we respond to those who sin?  Will we offer them love like Jesus or would we judge them and condemn them?  Which way will win their heart faster?  

Dear God,
Forgive me for the times I do not love as I should.  Help me to put away my tendency to judge others and instead give me the ability to love as you do.  Yes I can know who is your follower and who is not by her actions but it isn't my job to punish her for it.  You put me on this earth to love and be loved.  Help me to love well.    



Until the whole world hears and understands, we will keep on loving and sharing the Good News!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!