Friday, October 14, 2016

God Will Show Us Better Times

Many people will say, "Who will show us better times?" 
Let your face smile on us, Lord.
Psalm 4:6

This cry is not far off from what I hear people around me saying, as we watch the world go round, from the comfort of our homes.  Lives are being taken needlessly due to anger and addiction, there is a complete disregard for human life, amber alerts are alarming our phones regularly, our political candidates are acting like children, God's laws are being broken, people don't know how to communicate without a phone and our children are being bullied.  There are some really bad things happening around us and unfortuantely one look at the news will tell you the world isn't always a nice, loving place to be. 

Let us not become weary!  We must not be afraid of our future.  We must trust God that we will see victory and that He is more than capable of showing us better times.  Don't give up on God's ability to fix the ugly and save His people from destruction!  Stay in fellowship with Jesus Christ, obey God's commands and patiently wait on Him to come to the rescue!  Let His face shine on us!  As David proclaims, "You have given me greater joy than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine" (Psalm 4:7).  Give God thanks and trust that He will fix this ugly mess!  

Dear God, forgive me when I forget that You are in control.  Forgive my sin of doubt and build me up with confidence in Your ability to bring us better times.  Life is scary right now.  Please come to our aid and rescue your people!  God you are my refuge and protection from the world and all its evil.  Let Your face shine on me today and show me that you are here with me.  Do your thing and fix the mess that we are in!  In Your Son's Name    Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!