Monday, October 17, 2016

A Heart for God

Lord, show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, For you are my God, my savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4-5

David had a heart for God. God actually called him a man after his own heart (Acts 13:22). David longed to walk in the ways of the Lord. He sought to know His truths and for his heart to be changed. As we look at this prayer of David's we see the words you and your 5 times. David's heart was for the Lord! Let us examine our own prayers. Do we pray for more of God or more from God? Do we pray for answers that are for our own comfort and benefit or are our prayers saturated with heartfelt longing for the presence of the Lord?

David's prayer reminds us to take our eyes off of our earthly needs and refocus on God's will, ways, and truth.  As David proclaims, we will then find our true source of hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!