Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Why Did God Create You?

Why are you here? Why are you roaming this earth, breathing the air, and living this very minute? Why did God create you? Take a moment and think... What were you made for?

You are here, My Friend, because God created you. He created you with a purpose in mind. He had a plan for your days, for who you would be and what you would accomplish for his kingdom. You were created to do good works in Christ's name. You were envisioned long before your parents decided to have children. You... Dear GFF,  are a part of a greater plan that began in the distant past and carries on through eternity. YOU WERE CREATED BY GOD'S VERY OWN HAND TO DO GOOD WORKS IN CHRIST!

His vision for you is unique. You were not created to do the works of your spouse, sister, friend or co-worker. You alone have a role, a purpose, an individualized plan for your days on this earth. God has a vision for your life! Isn't that an amazing, humbling thought? That of all God has to think on, he chooses to think on you!

Ephesians 2:10 tells us this, "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Meditate on that verse today. As I do, I  marvel at the fact that I'm not an after thought, that I'm not just coasting through the days of a life aimlessly set in motion, but rather, God has a vision for my life! I have purpose and value. To the Lord, I am beautiful, perfectly made, and worthy. I believe that means I need to get to figuring out why I have been created. How about you?

Dear Lord,
I have been on your heart and mind since the beginning of time. You envisioned me as you prepared for eternity. You have a plan, a purpose and value for me to add to this life here on earth. Help me to discern why you created me and give me the courage to follow your lead! Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!