Monday, September 12, 2016

The Face of a Redeemed Woman

Frustrated. Inadequate. Overwhelmed. Confused. Mentally Exhausted.

These words and more could adequately describe my feeling as I walked the halls of the school on the fourth Monday of the school year. I had recently accepted a new split position in my building. "What have I done? This is too much. I can't even get one job done and another is piling onto my agenda!" was my thought as I traveled the hallways.

I passed my husband in the hall and his comment without one prompted word from me was, "Pull yourself together. You're doing fine." My face told the whole ugly story.

Throughout the rest of the day and into the evening I fretted and tried to accomplish something. But nothing could be completed. My list could not be shortened. I was in too deep. (Sigh)

My prayer became, "Lord, show me what I'm doing wrong. Show me what I'm missing. I'm drowning here, and I hate it. I can't accomplish one thing. What do I do? I can't even focus."

The following morning I sat with my bestie, my GFF. We prayed silently and read scripture. My scripture pointed me toward praise and singing to the Lord for what he has done. And then it hit me like a brick! I needed to change my focus! I was so worried about what I had to accomplish, what I had yet to do, and that I couldn't cross anything off of my list. Among my mess, I had forgotten the most important task of all- and I was reminded that Christ has accomplished that on the cross! The work has already been done. My face instantly went from that of a woman overwhelmed to the face of a redeemed woman! SMILE! JOY! BRIGHTNESS!

So in summary, whatever comes your way today, Smile because you are a redeemed woman. Christ has already accomplished all that needs accomplished. HE has accomplished it all... it's not about you! So smile on, let your light shine! Let your face radiate like a beacon on a hill!

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!