Friday, September 16, 2016

All of You

“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6:19-20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This verse is a power packed one! You see, On the cross Christ paid for you with his very life. His blood was the ransom necessary to buy you back from your sin and the penalty you deserve, which is an eternity apart from God. He bought you body, mind, and spirit. He bought All of you. So as a response to that he asks for you to use your body, mind and spirit to honor and glorify Him. There are not times in your life in which you can do what you want, when you want, once you give him your heart. God wants you to live for and serve him in your work, play, finances, parenting, marriage, and even in your rest. Whatever you do in this earthly body is to be done for the Lord! 

Dear Lord, 
Help me to serve you fully. Help me to not compartmentalize my life but rather to allow you to live through me in all things, at all times. I love you and thank you for what you've done. You've given me a gift so big that I can never repay you. I offer my life, in and with this body, for your service. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!