Wednesday, September 21, 2016

He Laughs!

When you arise, O Lord, you will laugh a their silly ideas 
as a person laughs at dreams in the morning.
Psalm 73:20

This scripture makes me happy and gives me confirmation of what I so often tell myself.  I have lots of plans.......plans for a day, plans for my future, plans for my family, the list goes on and on!  Short term plans and long term plans.  Plans for little things and plans for big things.  I can work very hard to make these things become reality, I can plan my day according to my ideas but unless God agrees it's all just silly.  I often tell myself that God sits back and just laughs at my plans, especially on the days they don't seem to end up the way I expected.  I imagine His smile as I say my plans for the day knowing full well it won't end up my way but His.  He may laugh at my big ideas and get a chuckle out of my doubtfulness but in the end His plans always succeed and mine may or may not.  

Dear God, thank you for this reminder that I am not in control.  Things will happen that I don't plan for, and I will doubt my abilities, but You will shine through and make your will known.  Forgive me when I try to go alone.  As we laugh together at my silly ideas draw me closer to your will and give me guidance and wisdom to live the life you have planned for me.  Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!