Thursday, July 28, 2016

Teach Them to Your Children




As my grandchildren prepared for breakfast it was chaos. Getting bowls, finding the baby highchair, spilled milk and the other mishaps that preceded this moment caught on video all faded as my grandchildren sat to eat and I simply said, "Let's Thank Jesus for this meal." I turned back to grab myself a chair and upon turning back, this is what I saw. Three beautiful children holding hands and praying. They even included their special baby doll, Ivy.

Friends, your children, nieces, nephews, and so many others are watching you. They notice everything and take it all in. God commands us to teach our children His laws, to be obedient, and to love him. Maybe like me, you made mistakes in raising your own children. Today is the day to learn from the Lord and raise the children in your life to do the same.



     Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after themRemember the day you stood before the Lord your God at Horeb, when he said to me, “Assemble the people before me to hear my words so that they may learn to revere me as long as they live in the land and may teach them to their children.”
                                           Deuteronomy 4:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!