Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Success!

Study this book of instruction continually.  Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it.  Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
Joshua 1:8 NLT

I was just reminded this morning that if I am not in God's Word then most likely the choices I make aren't in His will and most likely won't be successful in His big picture for me.  I won't know how to live Godly if I don't know how God wants me to live.  I won't know what to choose, when faced with difficult decisions, if I don't know what Jesus would do.  If I haven't spent time reading and getting to know God then I won't prosper in the blessings He has for me!  I will struggle to live a prosperous life if my mind is on the world and not fixed on living like Jesus.  It is so easy to get distracted!  It is so easy to get swept away by the things of this world, which is why God wants us continually meditating on His Word so that we can stay grounded.  Yes, he wants us to obey Him, but I think just the same He wants us to know His character and what He stands for so that we can live like that too.  Obeying God's instructions and knowing what He says and does in certain situations is what we should base our actions on.  If we don't know those things then our life can't be lived out like God wants and our success will be worldly success which won't last long nor will it impact the kingdom or carry through to eternity.  So to succeed in life we must know God's Word and use it when it comes time to make plans in our own life.  We must know it so well that in a moment of quick decisions we can make the right call and respond in the right way.  It is something that we must do from now until our death.........continue an open relationship with God and His promises and instructions.


Dear God, thank you for your instructions.  Thank you for giving me the Bible to lead my life decisions and to guide me through my life!  You are so patient with me and I long to get this right!  Please give me your wisdom and desire to live Christ-like.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!