Wednesday, March 2, 2016

You've Got the Power!

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me."
John 14:1

Do you ever feel like your thoughts are out of control? Does your mind wander and spin with questions, confusion, and fear? If I'm being totally honest with you as my God First Friend, I have to admit that this happens to me more often than I'd like to admit. And these thoughts leave me depressed, exhausted, and afraid.

As I read and meditated on this verse yesterday I realized that one little word meant a whole lot...'let'.
'Let' means to allow. That means it's a choice. I have the power, through Christ and the Holy Spirit, to train my mind to discern what I will and will not allow to control my thoughts. Oh, yes, thoughts will pop into my mind without my control, but I do have the power to decide whether I will entertain and dwell on those thoughts or if I will refocus on God and his truth. 2 Timothy 1:7 tells us this: For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. WE'VE GOT THE POWER!

GFF's we do not have to let our thoughts control us. Jesus tells us in today's scripture to make a choice... we can choose to live in the power of the Spirit or we can try to live in our own power. The Spirit brings peace, comfort, and hope. On our own we face fear, worry, and sadness.

Let's work together to encourage one another. Send scripture, make calls, write notes! Let's help one another truly keep God first in our thoughts, actions, and our hearts! Do not let your heart be troubled!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!