Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Firmly Anchored

Evil people try to drag me into sin, but I am firmly anchored to your instructions.
Psalm 119:61 NLT


When it's time to make hard decisions what are you anchored to?  When things are moving quickly and you need advice where do you turn?  I love anchors, in fact, they are my new obsession.  I decorated my bedroom around a vision of an anchor and since then I have been drawn to all types of them, on t-shirts, jewelry, accesories, artwork and tattoos.  Anchors are a symbol of God for me.  Aside from their shape and beauty, when I see one I am reminded of whom I am firmly planted to.  With my chain attached to God I can and will have difficulties but I know I will stay afloat during those and I will not get taken off course.  The high winds may blow me around some and get me facing a new direction but I will always be attached to God and I will use His Word and instructions to keep me from going the wrong way.  There will always be people in our lives who try to take us down a new path, a wrong path or a scary path.  We need to make sure when we are making decisions that we are seeking God's way for us.  Sometimes He will take us down the scary path, sometimes He will ask us to get out of our comfort zone but other times He will tell us to follow Him instead of the world and the people in our life.  Let your anchor be God instead of that person or website you always run to for advice, make sure you are anchored to something secure, never changing, always seeking what's best for you and God's kingdom.  Release yourself from the people and things that aren't looking out for your best and attach yourself to God and His instructions that promise to keep you on course.  Attach yourself to the only anchor strong enough to keep you firmly planted for eternity.  Even when the seas get rough you are sure to be safe with God.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!