Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Get Some Sleep!

I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me.
Psalm 3:5 NLT

We can't base our peace on our situation.  We must always take our eyes off of the problem if we ever want to sleep at night.  Like David, we may have an army surrounding us, but if we are able to give it to God and trust He has our problems taken care of then we can rest knowing we will be safe.  We can lie down and sleep because we know that God is working for our good.  Even when we wake up and the problem is still there we must keep our focus on His power and ability to help us.  Even when we don't see Him working, or don't get the answers we want, we have to trust that God knows best.  If you have something going on in your life right now that makes it hard to rest or sleep at night chances are you aren't giving it all to God.  You might just need to hand over a little more control to the One who has all control.  Focus on Who has your problem in His hands instead of the problem itself.  

Praying for all my GFF's who find it difficult to rest right now.  Sleep is important and a very good indicator of our peace, minus the hormones that keep us awake at night ;)  Pray for God to take your problems and hand over that which keeps you up at night.  


Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls".
Matthew 11:28-29 NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!