Friday, March 18, 2016

A Sun and Shield

                                Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
              For the LORD God is a sun and shield the Lord bestows favor and honor;
                                   from those whose walk is blameless. Psalm 34:10-11


I don't know about you, but I love the sun! Even as I'm typing I can see the sun shining through my window and it just makes me happy! I feel energized! I sing a different tune in the sunny seasons! Spring can't come fast enough for me and the last days of winter seem to just drag on and on. The sun is surely a source of joy for this girl!

As I read Psalm 34:11, my heart connected immediately; God is a sun! He is energy and joy. He makes our hearts sing with delight. His light provides protection from fears which appear in the dark. Light, warmth, sustainer of life! 

The Lord is a Sun and a Shield!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!