Thursday, March 31, 2016

Where Two Or Three Gather

For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.
Matthew 18:20 NLT

My heart is full this morning as I look back on my evening with my GFF's.  Girls just need other girls to talk to, cry with, laugh with and pray with and last night was one of those nights!  Spending time with other believers, genuine people, regular people who strugggle with things, just like me, give me comfort and encouragement.  It is so important to have someone or a group of someone's to spend time with regularly.  This isn't a piece of cake walk through the park, friends!  Life is difficult, following Jesus in a world that promotes sin, is not easy!  We need each other to encourage and be honest with.  We need friends who will keep us in check and hold us accountable but love us right where we are, in our mess, our confusion, our pain, our joy............And the best part of all that is Jesus is right there with us!  When we gather in His name, studying His word, and praying to Him, He promises to be there with us, hearing us, helping us, and loving us.  Jesus is waiting for us to gather together!  He is open to hear our prayers which are made stronger when more are praying together through the Holy Spirit.  So don't be shy!  

And let's not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near (Hebrews 10:25 NLT). 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!