Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Rehearse Everything You Know

When my soul is in the dumps, I rehearse everything I know of you,
from Jordan depths to Hermon heights,
including Mount Mizar.
Chaos calls to chaos, 
to the tune of whitewater rapids.
Your breaking surf, your thundering breakers crash and crush me.
Then God promises to love me all day,
sing songs all through the night!
My life is God's prayer.
- Psalm 42:6-8 MSG -

When things get hard or discouraging we would do well to rehearse everything we know of God.   Recalling those moments when God came through for us, or remembering that feeling of peace in our moment of hardship, will give us confidence in even the worst of situations.  Seeing our issue from this perspective gives us the best chance of coming out full of hope and confident in our God.  



Don't ever forget the ways in which God has helped you, and call on those memories in your moments of despair.  How does this scripture touch you?  What can you learn from this portion of God's word?  How can you apply this to your own life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!