Thursday, November 17, 2016

He Abandoned Them To Their Foolish Thinking

Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done.  Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.
Romans 1:28-29 

Broken heartedly I bring you this scripture with our country in mind.  I see all these bad things that are happening around us, abortion, same sex marriage, sexual immorality at its highest and a decline in the way we protect our young from it, children raising themselves, drugs taking innocence, and hate.  The list goes on and on, and while one could say this stuff has been going on for years, I believe it's getting worse.  I believe it might be possible that God has left us alone to deal with our sins and to do what we want, the things that should never be done.  Will He be there when we call on Him?  Yes, I believe He will never give up on us, but it takes us acknowledging that He is our King,  that Jesus Christ is our Savior and we would be nothing without God.  

Personally, when I find myself gossiping or quarreling with someone the one factor that is missing is God.  When I get too far out there and start sinning it is because I go on my own.  Going solo, I leave God behind, because if I did take God with me and acknowledge what I know about Him then I wouldn't want to sin.  If my focus was on God's commands and His love for me I would want to do what is right. 

God allows us to make choices and He will not make us go His way.  It is up to us to acknowledge Him and stay away from sinful behavior being careful not to fall into something that should not be done.  Because He will let us go and stay as long as we choose.  We must help eachother stay focused on God and encourage one another to stay away from foolish thinking.  And most importantly, pray for this country and for the world.  Pray for people to acknowledge God!  Pray for people to open their bibles!  Pray for people to stay away from sin!  Pray in all ways and in all things and at all times!  Pray!      


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!