Friday, November 18, 2016

One Choice Away

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil by doing good. Romans 12:21

It all comes down to a choice. In every situation we face, we are only one choice away from doing good or allowing evil to have its way. 

As I read this scripture, I am reminded that all to often I live in my own power and not the in the power of the power of the Holy Spirit. When temptation comes my way, I 'try my best' to make the right choice, yet so often, I fail. Why? Because on my own, I am not strong enough to overcome the evil. I need the help of the Spirit. 

God is a gentleman. He never forces his way upon us. He is always present, willing, and able, but he waits to be invited to act. And his Spirit works the same way. In times of temptation, we must call upon the Spirit to help us. We are always only one choice away from good or evil. And the Godly choice is to invite God to release the power of his Spirit to do that which we cannot do... overcome evil by doing good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!