Tuesday, June 28, 2016

That's A Promise!

Even before the he made the world, god loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.  God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ.  This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.  So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son.  He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.
Ephesians 1:4-7


This promise was not written exclusively for the curch in Ephesus.  Paul was sharing this awesome promise with all believers with any background, and it carries through to us.  These words ring true today as some struggle to find worth, or others just can't accept forgiveness for their awful past.  This is for all who battle illness and feel like they will never be whole again or battle addiction that they will never be free of.  This was meant for the people who don't feel special, who don't understand God's amazing love and have forgotten that they didn't choose God but He chose them.  God had great pleasure in choosing each one of us and adopting us into His family of believers.  Don't doubt who you are today.  Don't let Satan's lies convince you that you aren't the most beautiul son or daughter of the King.  He had a plan and that plan was you!  Stop looking back and move forward with His promises!  

Dear God,
Thank you for your plan long ago before time.  Thank you for having everything in your hands, falling into place just as you want.  I praise you for choosing me and loving me so much that you would sacrifice your own child to make me one of yours.  I will never fully understand how you work but I will cherish who I am in You and I will never take for granted the love you have for me.  Thank you for pouring out your grace on my life!  Amen and Amen     

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!