Monday, June 20, 2016

Keep Talking To God

I have to admit this time of year tends to wear on me.  I love having my kids home, but I hate how busy my day gets!  I love watching them compete in the sports and activities they love, but I hate missing church on Sundays.  I hate waking up every morning with a to do list a mile long when all I really want to do is spend time with God.  But somehow, too often, the only thing I really want to do is put to the side so that I can tend to everyone else, or rush out the door for a practice or game.  It is hard to keep grounded and focused on God when you have kids that keep you busy!  I can't always have my desk and my bible right in front of me to sit down for quiet time.  I don't always have my journal to write in or my latest books to study and take notes on.  One thing I do have during even the busiest of days is my conversation.  God is always with me and I have turned to Him in different ways this summer.  My prayer isn't so much kneeling and focused, which is really important at times, but it looks more like a quiet conversation with a friend because some days that is all I have!  I don't know if it is right or wrong.  I'm not proud of missing church and I really don't like forfeiting my  quiet time but I do know God's grace is sufficient for me.  I do know that my heart is yearning for Him and when I don't get something wrong I am forgiven and loved in a way I will never truly understand.  I want to encourage you in your walk, that even when it doesn't look "perfect", God doesn't see like we do.  He has a perspective beyond what our eyes can see and He knows us in way that we can never understand.

So I guess today I am just encouraging you all to keep your conversations open with God.  In your busy seasons that may be all you have!  When we get too busy we tend to stop asking God for help and direction.  We start to drift away from Him and can eventually stop talking to Him.  Don't let your life get in the way of the beautiful relationship you have with God!  Some days may look different, but there is always the beauty of conversation!  

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
Colossians 2:6-7  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!