Friday, June 17, 2016

Good Morning, God!

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love: for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.
Psalm 59:16

Good morning, Friend!

How did you rise this morning? Did you race out of bed onto the list of tasks to perform? Did you wake worrying about the meetings or activities of the day? 

This morning I had the chance to wake slowly, greeting God in the sunlight and welcoming his warming touch through the window. I had the chance to seek his love, tell him my needs for the day and and lay them expectantly at his feet. It's now after 9:00 and I am still reeling in his love, despite the dirty laundry piles, the dirty diapers, the list of incomplete tasks and the challenges to come.

As simply as saying, "Good morning, God!" and spending time waking in his love, we can go forth into the day with joy and peace knowing he is the keeper of our soul!

Good morning, God!
Thanks for the day ahead. I am so thrilled that you have gone before me preparing divine meetings, beautiful blessings and a host of intimate moments with you. Slow me down so I will notice your hand upon this day. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!