Thursday, June 30, 2016

Epeshians 5:17

Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.
Ephesians 5:17

Dear God, 
I am sorry for acting without thought.  Forgive me for the times I just respond instead of thinking first about your will for me.  Help me to know your desire for me.  Show me the way to go when I am faced with decisions that are difficult to discern.  Give me the strength to slow down and seek you before I act out of emotion.  I must know you before I can ever know what you want from me and so give me time in the day to spend with you.  Like a relationship with a close friend, I want to know what you are thinking about and how you would respond to the situations I encounter.  Show me what you want from me and help me to accomplish it.  I don't want to act thoughtlessly, give me your wisdom and guidance to do what you want me to do.
Amen  

Something to think about

In what ways do you act thoughtlessly?  What are some ways you can know what God wants you to do? 

Take time this week to pray for God's direction.  Slow down to think about your actions and reactions taking into consideration how you usually respond.  Do you seek God before making decisons?  Do you know God well enough to know what He would want from you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!