Thursday, February 19, 2015

My Mother's Legs

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13

In talking with a friend yesterday, our legs became the topic of discussion.  She made a comment that I know many of you women can relate to, "I have my mom's legs".  Looking at my own legs I immediately knew what she was talking about, commenting something like, "we are just getting older".  For some reason today I can't stop thinking about that very short, random conversation and realize the beauty in it.  God made us in His image, which wows me every time I hear it, but then when I think of my mom and how much I resemble her, my hands, my legs, and my face I am blown away!  God made us so complex, took the time to give us special features, and made it so that we would pass those down to our own children.  I see my husband in my boys and my daughter has a slight resemblence to me when I was in 7th grade.  It is special to resemble our parents!

Let's face it, when we talk of looking like our parents we get that wince on our face as if it's a bad thing and mostly all the bad is just because it is an acknowledgement that we are getting older.  But take away the age thing and really think about how special it is to look like your mom or dad, or both.  It is a miracle that we are even here by God's amazing power!  He made us!  He knows us!  He loves that we look like our parents!  And we should be thankful for that miracle!  

So God created human beings in His own image.  In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
-Genesis 1:27-

Yes, maybe it isn't a facial feature or the shape of our body that resembles Him, but we were made in God's image.  Perhaps it is more complex and our hearts were made in His image to love like he does,  and our minds were made to think like Him and our eyes made to see like He sees.  God is love, we were made in Love's image.  We were made to take on our parents' physical features but when it comes to our complexity, God is our Daddy.  When He formed us, imagine the excitement that filled Him knowing who we would become and what characteristics we would receive from Him.  Gives me chills, and gives us all a lot to think about today.  Do we resemble our Father?  

Dear God,
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it.  You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb (Psalm 139:14-15)  Help me to be happy with my body, every part of it you made with love!  Thank you for my special features and encourage me to start resembling you more every day.  I love you so much!  Amen  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!