Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Perfect Prayer




Pray like this,
Our Father in heaven, may your name be honored.
May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done here on earth, 
just as it is in heaven. 
Give us our food for today,
and forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us.
And don’t let us yield to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
Amen
Matthew 6:10-13





This simple yet beautiful prayer leaves nothing out...... praise, repentance, provision, and protection. I too often forget to say these words when I am so caught up in the world and the things that I want to talk to God about.  Today I want to be content reciting The Lord’s prayer. I want to spend less time talking and more time listening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!