Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pray With Expectation!


In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3

It was absolutely precious! As I tucked our sweet little granddaughter into her crib for the night I told her to fold her hands so Grandma could pray with her. At 21 months her sweet little hands clasped together in an awkward yet adorable way. She closed her eyes, and as I prayed (peeking at her myself) she opened her eyes to watch me. As soon as I said “Amen and Amen!” little Emma’s eyes lit up. She clapped her hands, squealed Yeah!”  and immediately closed her eyes and folded her hands again. To my delight, I began again, “Dear Jesus…” She peeked, I peeked. I said “Amen and Amen!” and she squealed with delight. She was confident that I would respond as she folded her sweet little hands. Then she watched to see me do what she already knew I was going to do. If I had to guess I would say we repeated this little prayer game at least 12 times because by the end we had prayed for our entire family and then some! To Emma it was a game of ‘Look, I’ve trained Grandma!’ But to me it was a lesson in how I should approach my time with God. He wants to me come joyfully, even when the situation is painful. He wants me to squeal with delight because my hope is in Him, and he is faithful. As my day begins, I can praise God for his mighty works, share the depths of my heart, and then rest in his grace for the day. Yes, I can confidently wait for him to meet the need!

Dear Lord,
You are faithful to your Word. Teach me to approach your throne in confidence, to lay my heart’s desires at your feet, and rest in the assurance that you will meet me there. Amen and Amen.   “Yeah!!!”

Related Readings: Matthew 18:2-4, Psalm 145:13, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!