Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Will Of God

For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.
John 6:38


We are all made in Christ's image and because of that we, too, should be living on this earth with the purpose of doing God's will.  We aren't here to fulfill our personal goals but to follow God and fulfill His.  It's not a hard concept to understand but it is a difficult one to stick to.  Sometimes God asks us to do hard things and sometimes we may feel like He isn't clear on what we should be doing.  Think on your life today and the things God has layed on your heart.  Are you following His will or your own?  Ask God to help you see His will clearly and be sure to spend time with Him, reading His Word and listening to His still, small voice.  Do your plans match up with His or are you forcing your way?  Are you taking the easy way when His will is asking you to do the hard thing?  

I know I have messed this up a million times.  I have let my goals and fears and plans get in the way of God's will for me, but today I am trying to fix that.  This life is a process!  We will mess up a million times but we are invited to keep trying.  I pray for you and me to draw closer to God and His will for our lives, taking things one day at a time.  Asking God to show us where to go each moment and to give us the courage to obey.  May we all enjoy our reflection time with God and allow it to change us and our perspective.  Amen!       

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!