Saturday, December 31, 2016

Sing-A-Long Saturday

It's been a bit since my heart has had a message to share and my body has had the gumption to write. I've been busy you know with all the wrapping, running, and sharing that I've "had" to do.

There was a time when God's word just seemed to be ever present on my lips and just flowed from my fingertips. But, lately the pages are oddly frightening with the blinking curser just staring me in the face. My heart cries, "What's wrong? What's going on here?" But, my mind knows the truth... I've wandered from God, and His word isn't on my lips because the busyness of this world has distracted me thus leaving my heart empty where it should be abundantly full especially at this time of year.

I was cautioned of this a few times throughout the past weeks. I was warned not to get distracted, but unfortunately, in my humanness, I'm prone to wander. Luke 2:6-7 was presented to me on a few accounts:
   
     While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her first
     born, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no 
     guest room available for them.         
    
The inn of my heart was crowded with the stuff of this world. Oh, not filled to full occupancy, but it definitely had a lobby a-flurry with activity!

Perhaps you are feeling what I'm feeling. The busyness of the holidays can unfortunately have that effect on us. As we embark on a New Year, let this song lead the prayer of our hearts as we move aside the busyness of the season and seek a renewed fire for Christ in our hearts!

Click here to hear the beautiful, passionate plea for God to stir up a fresh desire for Him:
                 Unspoken: Start a Fire

Lord, Start a fire in my soul. Fan the flame and make it grow! Place a wedge between me and the things of this world. Turn my eyes, once again,  to you! Amen and Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!