Monday, January 9, 2017

Ding, Ding! Round 15

I am in the middle of a fight. My spirit wants to rise early and spend time with God. My spirit craves exercise for my soul and my body. BUT.... my body is fighting against me. It's tired and out of shape. It enjoys the warmth of the electric blanket and my handsome man snuggled next to me. It's a battle, a constant battle!

Jesus was on his way to the cross as he asked his disciples to, "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation." And yet, upon his return, the disciples were fast asleep. Even at this most critical hour. Jesus knew they were weary. He knew they would have a fight on their hands to stay awake and pray. He knew there would be a fight, not only with Satan, but within themselves. Why? Because he warned them, "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Jesus knows our weaknesses, and Friends, our flesh fights against us. Throughout scripture, we see the word, "If." We have choices to make. When my alarm goes off, I must be reminded that it is a fight to win, not just an extra snuggle that I'm choosing. You see, if I stay in bed I miss my quiet time with the Lord. If I stay in bed, my body and mind grow less sharp and focused. We are cautioned that Satan prowls around looking for someone to devour, and in our battle against our own flesh, he finds us weary.... and that, My Friends, is when he will pounce.

So, as the enemy counts you out while you are down snuggled for those last moments in bed, look up. Shake the sleepiness from your head and fight back. Don't allow the stolen moments that result from staying in bed. Get up and begin the next round toward victory... Ding, Ding! Round 16

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of so many witnesses.
1 Timothy 6:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!